Sunday 7 February 2016

Whip cracking in wet and windy weather

So the training programme has begun.  Designed by my husband Owen James who knows his stuff as his profession is a Fitness Coach and Sports Massage Therapist which he has done for over 16 year www.all-for-you.co.uk
Rotherham Park Run 18.44

Regardless of the constant wind and rain this week, Owen has cracked the whip and made me get out and give every session 100%.  At the start of each session I can honestly say I am cursing him every step of the way.  When I'm on the home straight I am thankful that I've achieved it and I'm one step closer to achieving my goal.

Summary of this weeks training:

Monday: 50 spin in recovery
Tuesday: 6 x 4 mins, plus pilates
Wednesday: 50 minute run in recovery
Thursday: 4 x 200, 2 x 400, 1 x 800, 2 x 400, 4 x 200 plus pilates, squats & lunges
Friday: 50  minute run in recovery
Saturday: Concord Parkrun 19.17
Sunday: Long run with 1h15 at level 2 (recce of the Ramathon), Gym Session inc Core

The results from my training this week are better than I expected.  My speed sessions have been quicker than predicted at this stage and I was only 4 seconds slower than my Concord Parkrun PB.  It was a James 1, 2, 3 at the Parkrun with Archie crossing the line first pushed by Owen with mum trying to chase them down #TeamJames
We headed out early to Derby to recce the route of the Ramathon.  Archie looked happy to not be joining us on this blustery, cold run and spent the afternoon at his grandparents.
A great course to run without a buggy, I think I'll have my work cut out on the trail and river path sections but there is plenty of time to get some practice in and build up my confidence.

So the challenge hit the media this week with it going in the Derby Telegraph.  Going viral on social media and I also did an interview on Gem 106.  I'm also talking to a couple of companies to try and get sponsorship and support.

Thank you to all those who have sponsored me so far.  It's so heart warming to see a donation come in especially from the people you least expect.  www.virginmoneygiving.com/lindsy
13.1 miles here we come!
At IPRO ready to take in the sites
of Derby


No comments:

Post a Comment